The Dutch island of Saba is a refreshing change from the cosmopolitan hustle and bustle that St Maarten and St Barts provide. Named the “Unspoiled Queen” she is an eco-paradise and quite the getaway for avid divers, hikers and nature enthusiasts.
- CHECK IN 8am at the Simpson Bay Police Station
- CHECK IN CLOSES AT 8:35AM IN ORDER TO CLEAR IMMIGRATION
- CHECK IN FOR SABA TRIPS AT THE SIMPSON BAY POLICE STATION - NEXT TO THE BRIDGE
- ONE WAYS FROM SABA TO SXM, PLEASE FILL IN SXM EHAS TO GAIN ENTRY APPROVAL INTO SXM. YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED BOARDING WITHOUT THIS
Take a daytrip on Edge to this mystical mountain island. Join our lunch and taxi tour package... taxi tour around the island, time for sightseeing & shopping in the town and lunch at Tropics Cafe included. At every turn of the road is a spectacular view. Quaint shops in Windwardside sell local crafts such as the handmade Saba Lace, Saba Spice Liqueur, hand blown glass jewelry and artwork.
Hikers can choose a Guided hike package or buddy up for the wondrous walk up Mt Scenery with a picnic lunch in the rainforest, on our Solo Hike Package. Choose any one of these packages from our add ons during the booking process for the ferry.
Scuba Diving in Saba is world renowned. Many divers will ensure that a day trip to Saba is part of their dive vacation plan. Novice divers are encouraged to dive a few dives in St Maarten before venturing over to Saba, as the wall and pinnacle diving can be considerably deeper. Certification cards are required for all divers.
Valid passports are required for travelling.
Good to know:
The ferry ride can be bouncy November to April when we have Christmas winds. Travel time is 90 minutes long. Ask about sea conditions if you have concerns.
- Luggage is $20 per piece. Maximum of 2 suitcases per person – not more than 50lbs. Boxes are not permitted. Only standard airline approved suitcases & duffle bags. Luggage will be limited on busy days.
- If the boat has to cancel, every effort will be made to secure a seat for you on another vessel if available, on another day with our vessel or a full refund will be issued.
- If the ferry is unable to travel due to weather or mechanical failure, you will be notified of this and can chose another day to travel with our vessel or opt to fly.
- Edge Ferries are not responsible for reimbursement of additional costs that this may incur, most especially at this point when these routes are new and transporting very small numbers. We regret the inconvenience to clients, it is without intention or negligence.
- Aqua Mania Marina
- Saba harbour
Edge Ferry travels to Saba on Tuesdays & Fridays. Check in for daytrips at 8am for a 9am departure out of the Simpson Bay Poilice Station & Immigration. Check in 3pm for 3:30pm departure at Fort Bay; arrival in Sint Maarten at 5:00pm. Please be advised that the early arrival is to ensure all guests can clear the immigration procedure of scanning passports and receiving extra ticketing. We close check-ins at 8:35AM in order to clear the boat. Guests arriving after that time may need to reschedule.
Please note that our schedule is subject to change.
A daytrip ticket is $120 for adults, $60 for children ages 3 to 12 and $25 for infants/toddlers ages 0-2. Port fees are included. Daytrips are currently offered on Wednesdays, Fridays & Sundays. Depart SXM 9am - check in 8:15am. Depart Saba 3:30pm.
A one way ticket is $65 for adults, $38 for children ages 3 to 12 and $25 for infants/toddlers ages 0-2
Port fees are included.
Lunch & Tour Package $60pp (includes taxi and lunch)
Water and sodas onboard
We accept all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover)