The Dutch island of Saba is a refreshing change from the cosmopolitan hustle and bustle that St Maarten and St Barts provide. Named the “Unspoiled Queen” she is an eco-paradise and quite the getaway for avid divers, hikers and nature enthusiasts.
- CHECK INS START 60 MINUTES BEFORE DEPARTURE
- CHECK IN FOR SABA TRIPS AT THE SIMPSON BAY POLICE STATION - NEXT TO THE BRIDGE
- SABA REQUIRES EVERYONE TO BE FULLY VACCINATED TO ENTER. SABA EHAS NEEDS TO BE FILLED IN AHEAD OF TIME TO ENTER SABA; EVEN FOR DAYTRIPS
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS ARE CHANGING FREQUENTLY BASED ON THE SITUATION. Please visit http://www.sabatourism.com/travel-requirements for the most recent entry requirements. ALL TRAVELERS MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AND NOW NEED A NEGATIVE PCR TEST TO ENTER SABA REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY HAVE TRAVELLED FROM.
- EVERYONE DEPARTING SABA TRAVELS WITH A VALID EHAS FORM OBTAINED ONLINE AND VACCINATION CERTIFICATE
- ONE WAYS FROM SABA TO SXM, PLEASE FILL IN SXM EHAS TO GAIN ENTRY APPROVAL INTO SXM. YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED BOARDING WITHOUT THIS
Take a daytrip on Edge to this mystical mountain island. Join our lunch and taxi tour package... taxi tour around the island, time for sightseeing & shopping in the town and lunch at Tropics Cafe included. At every turn of the road is a spectacular view. Quaint shops in Windwardside sell local crafts such as the handmade Saba Lace, Saba Spice Liqueur, hand blown glass jewelry and artwork.
Hikers can choose a Guided hike package or buddy up for the wondrous walk up Mt Scenery with a picnic lunch in the rainforest, on our Solo Hike Package. Choose any one of these packages from our add ons during the booking process for the ferry.
Scuba Diving in Saba is world renowned. Many divers will ensure that a day trip to Saba is part of their dive vacation plan. Novice divers are encouraged to dive a few dives in St Maarten before venturing over to Saba, as the wall and pinnacle diving can be considerably deeper. Certification cards are required for all divers.
Valid passports are required for travelling. Only fully vaccinated persons are permitted entry to Saba. Negatvie PCR test required.
Entry requirements are being changed depedning on the current sitatuation. Please vist http://www.sabatourism.com/travel-requirements for the most recent entry requirements.
Good to know:
The ferry ride can be bouncy November to April when we have Christmas winds. Travel time is 90 minutes long. Ask about sea conditions if you have concerns.
- Luggage is $20 per piece. Maximum of 2 suitcases per person – not more than 50lbs. Boxes are not permitted. Only standard airline approved suitcases & duffle bags. Luggage will be limited on busy days.
- If the boat has to cancel, every effort will be made to secure a seat for you on another vessel if available, on another day with our vessel or a full refund will be issued.
- If the ferry is unable to travel due to weather or mechanical failure, you will be notified of this and can chose another day to travel with our vessel or opt to fly.
- Edge Ferries are not responsible for reimbursement of additional costs that this may incur, most especially at this point when these routes are new and transporting very small numbers. We regret the inconvenience to clients, it is without intention or negligence.
- Aqua Mania Marina
- Saba harbour
Edge Ferry travels Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Check in for daytrips at 8am for a 9am departure out of the Simpson Bay Poilice Station & Immigration. Check in 3pm for 3:30pm departure at Fort Bay; arrival in Sint Maarten at 5:00pm. Please be advised that the early arrival is to ensure all guests can clear the immigration procedure of scanning passports and receiving extra ticketing. We close check-ins 15 minutes before departure in order to clear the boat. Guests arriving after that time may need to reschedule.
Please note that our schedule is subject to change.
A daytrip ticket is $120 for adults, $60 for children ages 3 to 12 and $25 for infants/toddlers ages 0-2. Port fees are included. Daytrips are currently offered on Fridays only. Depart SXM 9am - check in 8:15am. Depart Saba 3:30pm.
A one way ticket is $65 for adults, $38 for children ages 3 to 12 and $25 for infants/toddlers ages 0-2
Port fees are included.
Lunch & Tour Package $60pp (includes taxi and lunch)
Double Tank Dive in Saba is $185pp including gear, marine park fees & lunch
Water and sodas onboard
We accept all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover)